Which Speaker?

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by Casterina, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Casterina

Casterina
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently I've the Logitech X-140 which is connected to the PC used for playing 320KBPS music, I was looking into either a subwoofer or a 5.1 speaker which is used for playing 320KBPS music, gaming and movies on TV, which should I go for?

My budget is £30-45

2. dogfonos

dogfonos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +294
    I wouldn't try adding a subwoofer to the X-140's, it would be tricky to accomplish and ultimately a waste of time and money (even assuming you can buy a proper sub woofer for that price). And £45 for a 5.1 system is spreading your budget too far - it won't buy a 5.1 system that's worth listening to.

Why not look at a range of cheap, powered speakers (i.e. speakers that include amplifiers) that are building a good reputation - Microlab (I should be on commission):

Microlabs FC330 Model 2.1 System Speaker: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

or better still, if you can stretch the budget:

Microlabs SOLO1c(08) Audio 2.0 System Speaker - Wooden Case: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

This speaker has two analogue inputs switched by a remote control which might be convenient for your situation.
    I should add that I've not actaully heard these speakers - I'm going on what I've read over the past few months.