1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which speaker stands??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Piglet, Nov 3, 2001.

1. Piglet

Piglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Until now i underestimated the importance of speaker stands for rear speakers. i kept my nice new B&w 601 S3's on my bed and a chair facing my ears.

Dispite having little room for stands i think it would be a wise purchase especially as i can then use them when i move the equipment into another room at some point.

So what would be the best to get which balance price and quality?

NOTE: I'm not making my own stands. I would much prefer to own a bought slick looking pair.

The mission ones for £100 look the best so far. Any suggestions plus places to buy them from cheaper would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speaker stands are one of the few pieces of hifi gear you can judge by weight! Atacamas are pretty good...

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Try a pair of Atacam Nexus 10's, they are 1m tall, available in silver or black (matt or gloss). Retail is around the £80 mark.

They are a new bigger version of the Award Winning Nexus 5/6.

And you can always buy a pair of 5/6's for you fronts, all they need to bring out now is a nice centre channel one...

(Anyone know if any Atcama guys come here at all?...)

4. Piglet

Piglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, that sounds like a good one to go for. Any idea where the best place to buy them from would be?

5. Piglet

Piglet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh and can you fill them with sand?

6. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The Nexus 10's can be bought from any Atacama delaer, which means most Hifi dealer.

They can't be sand filled, if you want that you will need to buy the i1000SE (I think), which are about £120.