1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which speaker stands for bipolar?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Hallsy, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Due to slight constraints with my room and seating position I would have to position one of my rear bipolars on a stand, therefor I thought I would even it up and put them both on stands, unless we move the room again!
    I realise bipoles are best wall mounted, but what stands do people use to mount them? They will be Gale 3060. Would the satelite speaker stands be able to hold these? Don't want anything to bulky like standmount stands, and hopefully it'll only be like this for a little while so was looking at some of the sattelite speaker stands that argos have, namely an Alphason pair. They say they have universal fittings, would these cope with the size/weight?

2. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Surely someone can give me an idea? Also, what sort of height should bipolars be mounted at? Ear level when seated?

3. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    should be approx 1m above ear level when seated

4. Hallsy

Hallsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Christ!! They'll have to be wall mounted then, looks like I'll be moving the room around again then :(