1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Speaker Package???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by perrdl, Jul 29, 2002.

1. perrdl

perrdl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am having trouble deciding which speaker package to upgrade my system with. The reason for this is that my rear speakers will have to be placed on side wall's, although they cannot be placed high, due to the seating position being under my stairs.

I was thinking of a mission package which consists of M73 & M7DS & M7C2. Which I am sure would be fine, although the M7DS rear bipole speakers would need to be quite low and below my seating position.

My other options are the Mission FS2-AV package, which I could mount higher due to there size. Also I was thinking of maybe the new Sony Pascal 835ED package, which looks quite good, or the KEF KHT2005 package.

The only thing is............Will these speaker packages be able to produce the same sort of sound as the Mission M73 set. As I really don't think positioning the bipole speakers low are going to sound very good.

Any help would be appreciated, as I am starting to pull my hair out!!!! ļ

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look at the new Oceana package from Crane Audio - they've been getting excellent reviews with at least 2 mags giving them 5/5 and Best Buy awards.

3. paulr

paulr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    I've just spent a month or so checking out speaker packages.In the end it came down to the Energy take 5 or the Kefs.
    No doubt about it,the kefs sound great.....but in the end i went for the energy taske 5 package from 7oaks.

Reason.....more conventional appearance and a bit cheaper.
    If u can afford it and dont mind the styling the kefs do sound v-good...

4. perrdl

perrdl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Oceana package from Crane Audio, does look very good, but there is no way I am going to be able to fit thoose rear's into the space that I have.

I really think the choice is between the Sony Pascal 835ed & Mission FS2-AV packages. Or would it be worth spending more and getting the KEF Egg's???

Has anybody heard the Sony package yet??? I have been hearing mixed reviews!!!

Does the Mission FS2-AV package handle music OK......Or is it just really only any good for home cinema??

Any opinions welcome!!!!!

5. Leeray3

Leeray3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just purchased the Def Techs pro 80's system and can honestly say they are fantastic. They don't sound too bright like the KEF eggs (my opinion) and have much more midrange than the Energy's.

I spent several months reviewing all the sat/sub packages and could not find anything to beat these little gems.

And guess what? Rayleigh Hifi are now selling these for £700.00, which is a real bargain.

I have heard/read a lot of people comparing the eggs and the energy package with the def techs and so far they have come out on top everytime.

Just a thought.