Which speaker connection for my Klipsch 140-SA speakers?

bc122051

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, My first time here, although I have read a number of things/reviews on your forum that were of help. Just upgraded from Denon AVR510BT receiver to the Denon x2200w. Just added the Klipsch RP 140-SA Atmos speakers, but I'm unclear as to which speaker output they should be connected to, surround or rear surround? My original 5.2 Klipsch system will now become a 5.2.2. I have gone through parts of the extensive Denon manual, but haven't found a clear explanation. The Atmos speakers will sit on Klipsch RP-160M front monitors. RP-250C center channel, and KS-14(upgrade in the future) for rear surround, and Klipsch Sub-10 and SW-450 subs. Can someone straighten me out? I ran the setup before the Atmos speakers arrived, but haven't run it again. I wanted to be sure I had them properly connected before running it again. Thanks for any guidance.

Last edited:
Page 43
7.1-channel (front Dolby Atmos Enabled)
This 7.1-channel surround system is the same as a basic 5.1-channel system but with front Dolby Atmos Enabled speakers.

Strange description but this is the 5.1.2 setup

Thanks. I went through the setup process again, and found that I had the Atmos running to the correct terminals, the last pair. Ran the Audyssey again. Very impressive sound. Happy camper.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom