Which speaker cable?

Ripstop

Standard Member
Reaction score
Still building the AV system from scratch but need some flat speaker cables to run under the carpet as they need to be 'partner proof' Any suggestions? . The runs are basically for the rears which are 5m or so from the receiver. What's peoples experiences with the stuff on a roll from ebay? I intend to use KEF Q's and will solder my own banana plugs. Price is a consideration but I don't want to buy rubbish. The amp is likely to be a yamaha mid range .... but then again I keep changing my mind. All advice taken.....

I used some ultra flat QED cable for my rears, wasnt too expensive and seems to do the job.

CAT5, T+E or Van Damme £2 a metre stuff if your not DIY inclined.

Search cable forum for the above.

My finger got tired and didn't mousewheel that far down the page. Will give it the once over and thanks again.

Nordost Solar Wind is also good... but it's a bit more than £2 per metre....

So is Atlas IKOR, nothing wrong with a lot of expensive cables. Only trouble is that the home grown versions are just as good.
Perhaps we should flower up cat5 a bit?
Something along the lines of:
CAT5 Signature speaker cable.
A revolutionary new Speaker cable! A no compromise, no limits speaker cable for the serious hi fi enthusiast. An attractive outer sheath composed of LSZH materials giving it the sonic signature so often lacking in other 'High End' cables.
The 0.00000000999999999% OFC stranded constuction allows nothing but the music through...........:devil:

I think QED actually do something similar with their CAT6 reference cable......:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom