Which speaker cable?

J2theIZZO

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just purchased a Yamaha A810 and Boston XS 5.1 SE to go with my new projector.

The only thing left to choose is speaker cable, prices vary massively and I'm not sure what I should be looking at or what advantages they offer.

Ideally I want something quite low profile as it will be running through cable trunking with hdmi and power cables through also.

1.5mm - 2.5mm oxygen free copper (OFC) of any brand you like. QED and Van Damme are both good value, but don't pay more than a few pounds per metre. Pop into Richer sounds and see what they have.

The cable really makes very little difference to the overall sound, certainly at your price point in the market.

Now, buy £50K of stereo hifi and it might be a different question...

As above no need to spend a fortune. Ebay foes some for around £1 per metre and this will be more than good enough. Your receiver deserves much better speakers to get the best from it though.

As above no need to spend a fortune. Ebay foes some for around £1 per metre and this will be more than good enough. Your receiver deserves much better speakers to get the best from it though.

Better speakers will be on the cards later, I've spent a bit more than I should have this close to Xmas anyway (projector, screen, lights, receiver and speakers)...I only intended on buying a projector but got carried away.

I have used QED Micro Speaker Cable from eBay a few years now and has been perfect for £1.50 per metre. Not sure if allowed to post links to eBay? Just Google: "QED Micro Speaker Cable QM/200 per metre" - first hit is the one! :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom