Question Which speaker cable for MA Radius AV?

Discussion in 'What Speakers Should I Buy?' started by Rikshaw, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Rikshaw

Rikshaw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

After a lot of research, I've settled on the Monitor Audio R270HT1 which includes the R90 Rears which seems to be the best I can find that works with the space I'll have. I'll probably add two Atmos speakers in the ceiling (MA C165) given I'll be getting some plastering done anyway.

Due to space limitations, I'm going to go for a Marantz NR1609 slimline receiver. I'll probably be also buying an LG 65 B8 or C8 OLED TV in a month or two.

Question is, which speaker cable should I use? Thinking about QED Silver Anniversary XT but I've also looked at Chord and AudioQuest.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

2. ShanePJ

ShanePJ
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Unit 5 The Sidings, Bacup, Lancs, OL13 9RW
    Ratings:
    +638
    I would say that using QED Cabling's QED Micro, Original or Performance XTC over Silver Anniversary will give you a better balanced experience with the R90HT1 speaker package. Although you would think the Silver Anniversary would be better, but in my experience, using a copper based cable always brings something more to the Monitor Audio Radius Speakers than silver which can bring unwanted harshness to the sound