Which sound system for Panasonic OLED TV

Rodzy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hy everybody,

I'm searching for suitable sound system for my Panasonic oled 65 gz950e tv, preferably soundbar + bass. It could be real sorround system, but back speakers should have wireless audio signal and wired power supply. My budget is around 500$/450€ and I want to be able to stream music to sound system via Bluetooth from my Phone or laptop.

What would be the best sound system for this price? My TV room is around 5.2 x 4.5 m.

Last edited:
I would kinly ask administrators to move this thread to
Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases

I think it belongs there more than here.

Also some additional information about what I will be using soundbar for - mostly movies, TV series and music. There will be practically zero gaming, news and sport programs.

THERE are literally dozens to look at Vizio, sonus, yamaha, jbl hk,samsung,lg,sharp etc etc, you need to decide what features are needed, compile a short list in your price range then try to listen to a few. A good starting point would be a sonos beam.

So I did my homework and I "narrowed" down my list to theese units:
- Harman Kardon Enchant 1300 (500€),
- JBL Bar 5.1 (500€),
- LG SN8YG (500€),
- Panasonic SC-HTB700EGK (520€),
- Samsung HW-Q800T (380€),
- Sonos Beam (450€),
- TCL TS9030 (390€).

I understand that Sonos Beam is a very good soundbar, but I am worried it's a bit to small for my room. Sonos Arc is out of my budget, but what about Sonos Playbar (520€)?

Do I benefit anything if I use same soundbar mark as my TV - Panasonic?

I prefer sistems with separate bass units. They all have BT, but Wifi and voice control is a plus.
Currently I have a very good offer for new HW-Q800T for 380€ and I think it's a bargain. Is it worth spending 100€ more for any other soundbar or the same for TCL soundbar?

So I did my homework and I "narrowed" down my list to theese units:
- Harman Kardon Enchant 1300 (500€),
- JBL Bar 5.1 (500€),
- LG SN8YG (500€),
- Panasonic SC-HTB700EGK (520€),
- Samsung HW-Q800T (380€),
- Sonos Beam (450€),
- TCL TS9030 (390€).

I understand that Sonos Beam is a very good soundbar, but I am worried it's a bit to small for my room. Sonos Arc is out of my budget, but what about Sonos Playbar (520€)?

Do I benefit anything if I use same soundbar mark as my TV - Panasonic?

I prefer sistems with separate bass units. They all have BT, but Wifi and voice control is a plus.
Currently I have a very good offer for new HW-Q800T for 380€ and I think it's a bargain. Is it worth spending 100€ more for any other soundbar or the same for TCL soundbar?
Playbars ok bit long in the tooth now no hdmi just an optical connector , had one for a while sent it back as i wasnt overawed with it. Panasonic soundbars are ok but no benefit buying the same brand as the tv.
Tcl is an unknown quantity to me and probably most others here. As always though you need to have a listen to your favourites only 2 or 3 not 6 or 7 that would be too difficult to track.

So I narrowed it down to Samsung HW-Q800T and JBL Bar 5.1, but I will probably go with a Samsung because I can get it for a very good price now and I can upgrade it later with SWA-9000S speakers if I like to. Sadly, in this times I cannot go to store to listen to them both, but I also don't want to miss the chance to get Samsung at good price.

Is there any reason to go with JBL other than higher output power?

So I narrowed it down to Samsung HW-Q800T and JBL Bar 5.1, but I will probably go with a Samsung because I can get it for a very good price now and I can upgrade it later with SWA-9000S speakers if I like to. Sadly, in this times I cannot go to store to listen to them both, but I also don't want to miss the chance to get Samsung at good price.

Is there any reason to go with JBL other than higher output power?
horses for courses they are both good bars and if you can get the sammie for a great price then go for it they are in the main very good bars. If the price however is comparable to the jbl then i would get the jbl , a little more exclusive and the detachable rears are a nice touch.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom