1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Sony

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by ISAMA, Aug 27, 2003.

1. ISAMA

ISAMA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry you guys but you must get sick of this type of question,but here goes.

I have 1300.00 to spend at Currys to repl defunct 9527,am torn between Sony DX 150 or FQ 70.Would go for 150 purely because it has DRC which the 70 has not and i watch alot of footy as I already have Sky Box therefore do not need integrated digital.

Any views as to which one,both are priced the same.

Thanks in advance

2. owenw

owenw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have a 36" Sony with DRC 50 / 100. Make sure the DRC 100Hz processing can be switched to DRC 50Hz for footy games. The fast camera panning results in blurring of the when 100Hz DRC processing is enabled. Some Sony's don't allow you to switch off DRC.

100Hz makes the image rock steady and removes flicker which can be apparent on larger screens (less noticeable on 32" than 36") The blurring is noticeable on some fast moving scenes , fast rolling credits etc. Basically the DRC processor cannot keep up with the fast changing image and so it blurs and picture quality is reduced somewhat.

Best bet is to go and look at some TV's and ask the assistant to put some sport on or run the end credits of a DVD.

hth,
    Owen