Question Which Sony TV?

rockdweller1980

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello, hope you're all well. I'm in the market for a new Sony TV but I haven't a clue where to start. The last one I got was about 8 years or so ago. I did my research then but the model numbers now are confusing me I'm afraid (doesn't take much these days!). I'm looking for a 49inch TV, but what's the difference between XF759, 879 and 900 for example? Is it a case of each one is better than the other? Also, are they the latest models or are there new ones due out? I've My budget would be £700-800. I'm not a gamer (unless they're planning on bringing out Monkey Island again..) and I'd be using it mainly for films and TV. I have a Sony surround system with 4 speakers, a sub and a centre speaker. I'm happy with it, unless that's something I'd need to update too? Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'd appreciate the advice. Thanks in advance!

It depends what you want from your TV, the XF/XG 90 will give the best picture and will give a proper HDR picture from the list you have, but is the most expensive.

Hello. Thanks for your reply. I'd like more clarity in the picture and sharpness, especially when watching films. Sometimes Netflix pixelates badly (although I'm aware that might be because of the device I watch Netflix through). Also, sound is a big thing for me, but as I mentioned, I'm sorted on that.

I’d pick up the XF9005, if possible. Though it is c£800.

They sometimes come up on Sony’s refurb site for £630 but only come with one year guarantee.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom