Which Sony KDL32?

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by ThunderBoltLSD, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ThunderBoltLSD

ThunderBoltLSD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've been putting it off for a while but I think the time has come to take the plunge...

I'm after a 32" Sony as I will be getting a Sony DVDR as well and want to take advantage of the whole Bravia Theatre shenannigans, hence the Sony LCD.

I've seen D's, S's andU's... I've even seen U's at the end of the model number, and from what I've read, believe that means the sets were made by other firms and had a Sony lable slapped on the front of them... Don't know how true this is?!?:rolleyes:

Anyway, I was hoping to spend between £500 & £550 on the TV and would like any input you could give to steer me in the right direction before blowing my life's saving (plus a bit on the credit card).

I would be interested in a 100hz set but I'm not convinced that that would be beneficial just yet as I will be watching the TV from a standard Sky box, using a ps2, watching DVD's on an "upscaling" player and occasionally using with a PC laptop as a 2nd monitor when editing video.

If I've missed any information out there that would help you to erm... help me... feel free to point out how daft I am.

Thanks for any advice folks... Cheers!

2. Nielo TM

Nielo TM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +549
    Sony has multiple (intensity) setting under 100/120Hz and it one the best but, only the D series of the 32" has it.

As for the DVD recorder, make sure it has RGB-SCART in. If it doesn't, get the Panasonic with free-view or Pioneer.

3. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +618
    I've seen D's, S's andU's... I've even seen U's at the end of the model number, and from what I've read, believe that means the sets were made by other firms and had a Sony lable slapped on the front of them... Don't know how true this is?!?

Not true!

The U at the end of the model number means that it is made FOR the UK. In particular this will have Freeview on board. This U is part of the model number whether it is an S, U, V, W, X or D. The country of manufacture can vary. I believe they may, in some instances be manufactured at a factory that is not Sony, but they are Sony designed sets and do not simply have a label 'slapped on'. Usually they are assembled somewhere in Europe. Sony do a useful little booklet to explain the facilities on each model