1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Sony DVD Player?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MadAxeMan, Jan 7, 2003.

1. MadAxeMan

MadAxeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Will be getting my KV32FX66 from JL on Friday (thanks to you all for the price match hints) for £899.

Confirmed also that I can get £100 off any Sony DVD player.

Now I was waiting to get a Panny DMR-E30 or 40 (JL wont discount a Panny when buying a Sony for some reason) but maybe I'll get a Sony NS305/405/705 and wait for 'hard drive' type recorders to become cheaper.

Anyone give me a quick suggestion on what I should plump for?

Prices are:
    DVP NS305 - £129
    DVP NS405 - £169
    DVP NS705 - £249

Cheers.

2. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    None. Sony DVD players are rubbish.

I got a Sony DVP-735 3 years ago, after 13 months it got the C:13:00 error. It's been getting worse ever since. For the last year, I have been playing DVDs on my PC.

Try searching the net and forums for Sony+C:13:00

I've just ordered a Philips 963SA and will never buy another Sony product.

NOTE: I have a Sony TV, Sony PS2, Sony Amp, Sony Speakers. I was a Sony fan.

3. MadAxeMan

MadAxeMan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe I'll try and twist their arms to discount the E30. Looks a good piece of kit. Failing that maybe the 305 for £29. Gotta be better than the £80 Teco offerings hasn't it???

I currently play DVDs on a PS2. Less than ideal, but a stop gap til I get a recorder.

4. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0