1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which sony camera ?????????

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by vanreet, Sep 17, 2004.

1. vanreet

vanreet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have found 2 Sony digital cameras for sale but would be gratefull for some advice.

Sony DSC P32 3.2 meg pix £80
    or
    Sony DSC P92 5.0 meg pix £150

what would use choose ??

thanks

2. HardBoiledEgg

HardBoiledEgg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Neither :laugh: only joking, I
    wouldn't choose Sony because of their 'memory sticks' but if I had to choose one of those you listed I would choose the P92 simply because it has 5 mp, both of them get favourable reviews as far as I can see.
    It depends on a lot of things I suppose, how much you want to pay, bearing in mind the cost of memory and extra batteries. Also, what do you want to do with your camera? if you want to just print out 6x4"'s or 7x5's etc then go for the cheaper one and buy extra memory and a battery or if you want enlarged photos and you have plenty of cash buy the P93.
    Both of the cameras are point and shoot and don't have any manual settings so depending on 'how into' photography you get you could outgrow it quickly and find yourself on the market for a more 'advanced' camera.
    On a personal note, I spent over £300 on my first camera last Xmas, bought a charging cradle,memory,batteries ets and found I outgrew it quickly and then spent another £300 on another camera less than 6 months later :confused: but at least I am happy now! (typical woman - never happy!)

Let us know which you decide!

Is there any particular resaon you picked those two cameras?

3. vanreet

vanreet
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    they are in a discount clearance sale.
    just need one for holiday snaps etc, do you think it is worth the xtra £70, or should i go for the cheap one & get some more memory ?

4. HardBoiledEgg

HardBoiledEgg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think if you are going on holiday you will need lots of memory :) but just to throw it wide open, why don't you look at other cameras with cheaper memory? Sony's Sticks things are the most expensive there are :eek:

If you are set on the Sony one get the cheaper one and buy a bigger stick (memory stick)

:)