Which Sony Camcorder - TRV50 or PC120

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by donmonster, Sep 4, 2002.

1. donmonster

donmonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I am due to travel to the States on the 11th of this month - great date I know!

While I am over there I want to purchase a camcorder - but one that will also take decent stills - I am only really looking for normal photo size pictures so the fact that a Camcorder picture does not look as good at A4 does not matter to me.

I have been looking and am trying to decide on two camcorders - the Sony TRV50 and the Sony PC120BT - I can get them for around much the same price but cannot decide which to get. I have a bluetooth phone already so I was wondering if you might be able to tell me the advantage of one over the other. Am I correct in thinking that the main difference is the shape/size and that you can browse on the PC120?

Also I know the difference between PAL and NTSC - but I was wondering does this affect Digital camcorders as well and as such should I but in the UK?

Finally for this price range is there any other camcorder you would recommend over these two?

Anyone with any views greatly appreciated - both for and against the models I have chosen.

Thanks
    Donmonster