Which Sony 43" 4K to buy

charp

Standard Member
Reaction score
having issues choosing the best of these

Reading past posts people say go for the 2016 XD but don't appear to be any for sale

I would also really like to have one with a silver bezel if possible - will be sitting 10' away (I know we should go for a bigger screen but our 50" is just too big) Have had Pioneer plasma and currently have a 6 year old Panasonic

Currys do some but they appear to be their own models and reviews are few and far between -

KD43XE8077SU (silver)

Richer Sounds do
KD43XE8004 (Black)
KD43XE7073 (Silver)

Are these any good?

Mainly use to watch HD over Virgin cable or Netflix - enjoy watching MotoGP to :)

any help welcome its a minefield out there even though I have limited make and size

KD43XE8004 (Black)
KD43XE7073 (Silver)

Are these any good?

Not really unless you need wide viewing angles. In fact last years 43XD80 is better than those.

Why are you looking to upgrade with no UHD sources? I would keep what you have and look again towards spring next year, prices will be at their best then so you can pick up a lot more TV for your money...but it would also be wise just to keep with what you have anyway since you don't plan on using any UHD.

I need a smaller screen my current 55 inch doesn't fit in the room so need to make a purchase now

Could go down to a 40" pioneer but the 43" sony seem the best fit for the room

don't need a huge viewing angle but wont be straight on as two sofas with tv between so I'd guess a maybe 30 degrees off angle

Any particular reason it has to be a Sony?

It looks like the 77 is the only silver variant of the XE80 so that's probably the one to go for, although if you're not in any hurry we should see lots of reviews of mid-range models over the next few months (and some price drops to boot).

just needs to be 40-43 inch preferably silver

as good as I can get - budget not a huge issue as I do need to get within the next week or so ..

I said pioneer up there but meant Panasonic 40EX700B !

why would u want a 4k 43 inch screen? that really does seem a bit small to notice the benefits unless you are using it as a monitor.

I'd rather get a cheap older second hand 1080p sony with FALD than a newer edge lit 4k sony

will be using as a monitor on the odd occasion I work from home - but mainly for watching Virgin HD TV and Netflix

Not had a disk player for years

will be using as a monitor on the odd occasion I work from home - but mainly for watching Virgin HD TV and Netflix

Not had a disk player for years

if ur using it as a monitor and close to the screen, then def go 4k.

TBH all the models are so close in what they offer, I'd just go for:
a) the one u think looks best aesthetically
b) the one with the lowest input lag if ur into twitch shooters
c) the one with the most hdmi ports etc.

The prices for those TVs right now are extortionate to say the least. The Samsung 43KS7500 was being sold for less than that last year and that was a UHD premium HDR TV.

These Sony's have IPS panels, no local dimming and barely any peak brightness for HDR...but they are priced very expensive. Why?

I saw a 65" Hisense K5510 for less.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom