Which smartphone?

justinlee

Standard Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a new smartphone and am stuck on which one to get. I currently use a Blackberry Bold 9780, and for quite some time have stuck with Blackberry as it uses PUSH email technology and in my opinion is still the best handset for emails. I send and receive a lot of emails for this is important to me.

I decided on the new Blackberry Z10, but am now not so sure as Blackberry is definitely not the best when it comes to apps.

The Sony Experia Z looks good, but i have heard it's not great for emails. If i decide not to go with the Blackberry Z10 I am looking for an ANDROID phone as they, along with iphones are the best when it comes to apps, but I really do not want to go anywhere near an iphone!

So, any suggestions?

If you like the look of the Z10, but want android, what about the HTC One? They are designed very, VERY similarly
ZUAu4nq.jpg

I'm not sure what you've heard about the Xperia Z, all modern smartphones should handle emails just fine.

Personally I would go for the HTC One if I had to choose one of the current gen Android phones, it seems fantastic.

I'm not sure what you've heard about the Xperia Z, all modern smartphones should handle emails just fine.

Personally I would go for the HTC One if I had to choose one of the current gen Android phones, it seems fantastic.

Just from some other forums no one seems to have anything good to say when it comes to Sony smartphones, which i find surprising. Spec for Spec the Sony Zperia Z looks awesome.

Just from some other forums no one seems to have anything good to say when it comes to Sony smartphones, which i find surprising. Spec for Spec the Sony Zperia Z looks awesome.

Just get the Xperia Z if you like it, it will handle email the same/as good as any android device. And if the stock email clients aren't any good for you, there are dozens in the Play store to choose from :)

If it's between Xperia Z and One, I would definitely go with the One, personally. Get it and install Maildroid, works well for me on my Note II.

Depends on what you use your phone for, really. For me, it's Note II since any other phone would barely get me through the day and the large screen. And obviously helps me a lot in some quick notetaking too.

But if that's large and you just need a smaller screen phone, it's definitely the One or S4 :)

I would recommend the nexus - fantastic handset, prompt software updates and great value for money. Surprised that it has not been mentioned already. ;)

I would say Nexus 4 as well. Stock Android, which on JB is bloody fantastic. They've something really good with Jelly bean.

Bloody cheap as well. Right now if you wanted a new phone you only have 3 choices. Th S4, the HTC One and the Nexus 4. Th S4 looks all glammed up, chuck some unneeded stuff on it to make it look all fancy. The HTC One is actually quite good, I'm a bit bored of HTC Sense though. After rooting my phone and having stock software with modified additions I don't think I can go back to launchers. They waste a fair bit of screen space for me.

It's a great phone but I don't know. The software they chuck on top sort of ruins it for me. I have a Desire HD and at first Sense was quite good, useful. Once I got rid of it though I realised that it's actually a lot better to have Android the way they build it.

Nexus 4 all the way. You can't go wrong when you have it cheap too. I have the Nexus 7 and my phone is still on ICS. I can't stay away from my Nexus 7, The Nexus 4 is the same!

why are you not try Motorola RAZR HD , its good configuration ......

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom