Which smartphone for under £100

Reaction score
Hi, sorry if this question has been asked before.

I'm after a mobile phone for my 13 year old daughter, it needs to have a 'Capacitive' Touchscreen, and be wi-fi and 3g enabled .

She said she wants a Blackberry, but I think that's because her friends have them (we cant afford anyway) and she mentioned the Samsung Rio which I believe looks a but like a Blackberry but it has some poor reviews.

I would prefer her to have something like a HTC wildfire, which her older sister has and likes.

Any ideas ?

thanks

I'd go with an Orange San Francisco, Sony Xperia X8 or a Samsung Monte in that order.

You could also check out the older Samsung Galaxy Corby or the just released Samsung Galaxy Y.

make sure it's the san francisco 2 as that's newer and the same price. £99 from the orange store.

The tmobile vivacity is the same as the sf2 but looks like an iPhone 4.
Looks better than the sf2 IMO.

The reason she wants a blackberry is because blackberry's have BBM (Blackberry messanger), a unique feature that allows Blackberry owners to send instant messages to other blackberry owners. its much faster than texting and its free. Kids love Blackberry because even if they run out of minutes and texts, they can still chat with BBM. Voda is selling a blackberry curve 8520 for only £109 so its just over your budget and might be worth it considering the savings you'll make on buying credit. Other networks are probably selling the curve 8520 even cheaper so shop around!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom