Which Sky boxes have I got?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Ian Vinten, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Ian Vinten

Ian Vinten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought Sky+ and to help finance it I'm gonna try and sell the box I've got. It's a Silver Grundig one but looking on ebay it seems that there are different versions of this box and looking at the back I can't figure out which one I've got. How do you tell which version box I've got?

I've got an older black box too but have the same problem with that one so any help would be greatly appreciated. :smashin:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
  3. Ian Vinten

Ian Vinten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep cheers, I've either got a Grundig 2000,a Grundig GDS310 or a GDS310/2. Looking at the back of it is definitely has S Video out - does that mean it's a GDS310/2?

The other box I've got is either a GDS 200 or a GDS 300, anyway of tellying the difference between these?

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How about reading the GDS number from the serial number label on the underside?

Or is it stolen? ;)

5. Ian Vinten

Ian Vinten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Didn't realise there was a sticker underneath. Cheers :smashin:

6. Ian Vinten

Ian Vinten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right, got a GDS2000 (on the back there is an S-Video out but this isn't listed on Starburst's link) and a GDS 200.

Anyone know how much these are worth with either a private sale or on ebay?

7. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The GDS2000 works slightly better in "fringe areas" such as Spain so it's worth a little more to an "expat" than the (older) GDS200. But you'll be disappointed by the prices on Ebay. Used to be running around £150 but they're selling below £40 now. Also, the GDS models are notorious for power supply failure (usually shows up after you let it cool down so do TEST yours before selling!) so that knocks the value, although it's an easy repair.

Fman