1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which SKY+ box?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Stonedragon, Nov 28, 2004.

1. Stonedragon

Stonedragon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This coming weekend I am about to get my sky+ box. Looking at this thread there seems to be various incarnations of the sky+ box. Because I will be looking to stick a larger drive in it (200 plus GB) do I need to specify in advance which type of box I want and if so, what type should I ask for?

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Because the Pace box has been around for a lot longer, more is known about the types of hard drive which people have succesfully tried in it. So I would advise getting a Pace.

3. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    If you're getting it from Sky you won't have any choice and will almost certainly get an Amstrad.

I haven't heard of any special problems with putting a larger hard drive into an Amstrad but as Nick-UK said they are newer so less well known in this respect. They are better vented though (the Amstrad) and this could help with reliability if the new drive runs a bit hotter.

Try reading this thread from Digital Spy http://forum.digitalspy.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=146256&page=1&pp=25