1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which sky + box ?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by pezzer, Nov 10, 2004.

1. pezzer

pezzer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sky just replaced my faulty originalPace DVB Sky+ box with a new one - the same model but with V2 software ( the bigger box with black centre panel)

I was hoping it would be a new generation model but the installer said the older one was more reliable - is this true [inappropriate word removed- lynx].
    Any views on which is the best sky + box ?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Well my original version1 PACE is still going strong and it's over 3 years old:)

To be honest both the current PACE and AMSTRAD models have had problems which annoyingly are not universal but tend to be model/revision specific, it's that unpredictablilty that makes saying box A is the best so difficult:)

3. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +721
    I have a V1 and V2 machine.
    IMO, the V1 machine IS better. Its better built and quieter.

I also prefer the styling of the original box, as it matches normal sized AV gear.

4. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    To be honest it doesn't really matter what model you get. If it works then its good, the nightmare scenario is when you keep getting refurbished (not fixed) models as replacements. I think if the refurb you get is one with a definite prev failure you're ok, the problem is if it had an intermittent (difficult to reproduce) fault and it just goes back into the loop.