Which Sky+ box will i get?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by stevie-c, Aug 16, 2005.

1. stevie-c

stevie-c
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm having Sky+ installed at the weekend (£49 refurb offer). Does anyone know if Sky are still sending out v1 boxes, or will i get a v2?

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Luck of the draw. Some people have received V1 boxes, others V2. It all depends on what the engineer is issued with on the day.

3. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    I know when the engineer came round to fit my £49 refurb offer it was a contractor and he stated that he hadnt heard of the offer (nor was told that it was a refurb box he was supposed to be fitting). For swap outs he said they did have refurb boxes but that believed that the region had 'run out' of the v1 boxes.

I was lucky that he brought in a brand new pace v2 when he came but as I was the first customer of the day I am sure I could have bribed him if he had offered the amstrad one.

4. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    Twice I've had SKY installed and specifically asked for a particular box when placing the order. Both times the person at the end of the 'phone said he'd put a note against the installation but no guarantees.

Luckily for me, I got the box I requested both times (the guy had a note with my request on it) but maybe I was lucky.

ALI