Which Sky box for Digital Output

B

bigtel

At present I have a 3 year old digi box. I have now bought a Pioneer VSXC100 amp and Mission FS1 Speakers. I can only get analogue sound from the Sky box and was wondering if there was one on the market that has digital output, either co-ax or optical connection.
Is there any way I could get Sky to supply one ? I do not want the Sky+ Box and system.

Sony VTX-750U or VTX-760U are your only options (optical out).

Mike.

If you mean DD5.1 Digital ouput you will only get this with the Sky+ box and even then only on the W/S channels (305 and Box Office w/s)

I recommend that you reconsider the Sky+ option! Buy it from a Sky dealer (NOT Sky) and just use it as a receiver. You need not subscribe and you need not have the quad LNB installed. You can do the installation yourself and save money there!

Make sure the dealer gives you the LNB tho, these are worth about £80.

DaveP

5.1 DD output on the Sky+ box.
Does this work for recorded media as well as broadcasted?

Originally posted by Zog
5.1 DD output on the Sky+ box.
Does this work for recorded media as well as broadcasted?

If the movie you recorded had a DD5.1 soundtrack then it will also have the same soundtrack when played back off the hard drive. SKY+ records the bitstream data so the decoder gets exactly the same input regardless if it comes from a live source or recorded.

From what i remember the Sony's are/will be discontinued,with no plans for future models....so get one if you can.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom