Which Shop/Supplier?...JL out of stock

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by RedBlueGreen, Dec 28, 2011.

1. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Could I ask for some advice?

I have a strong desire to buy my new television from John Lewis due to their 5 year warranty and good reputation, but unfortunately every model I’m interested in is out of stock - No 37DT30, 42E30B, 37E30B’s in stock…plus I presume JL is a good place to demo each model.

On phoning JL this afternoon they don’t say when they’ll be restocking.

Anyway that got me thinking. Which other suppliers would people recommend? Panasonic Shops(where are they?, never having seen one) may be an option but how about Dixon’s, Comet, Richer Sounds, Amazon etc.? Are their prices keen and warranties any good in a crisis?

Thanks in advance everyone :)

2. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Have you tried local JL stores - the stocks are different to the online business

For Panasonic, I would try Sevenoaks S&V or other indy retailers - find here

Where to buy - VIERA 5 Year Warranty Dealer Locator - Panasonic UK & Ireland

Personally I wouldn't buy a TV from Currys/Dixons/PC World (all the same company) or Comet (their finances are fragile to say the least), nor Amazon (I like bricks and mortar companies for big purchases) - you have to pay extra for warranty. Richer Sounds are good

Where do you live - there are other good independent multi-brand retailers around :)

3. MrTibbs88

MrTibbs88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Steer clear of Currys, after my expirence of buying a tv from them. Customer service is not high on there list.
    Richer Sounds do a good warrenty.

4. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Many thanks for your replies guys...you help is very welcome I can tell you.
    I was originally going to buy my TV before Christmas but by the time I'd learnt something about LED/Plasma's JL had no stock! sods law eh :)

I'm thinking of checking out the official Panasonic shops as they're currently doing a free 5 year warranty. As for price...fingers crossed they won't be eye wateringly high.

I never thought it, but I'm leaning towards Richer Sounds and buying a DT30 37" blind without demoing. How about that for opposite to my OCD normal self. They're gonna be cheaper than a Panashop aren't they...then again what about the 37" E30B....or 42" E30B...or the GT30 arrggghhhhh....

5. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Am I right in saying Richer Sounds are pretty good if there's a problem?

6. MrTibbs88

MrTibbs88

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    Shop around, if richer sounds dont have the tv on display try currys. If nothing else they are a good showroom see what you like and buy elsewhere.
    The bigger screen you can get away with the better. I went for LED over plasma and LCD and wouldnt change for anything.

7. vickster

vickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,921
    Here's a review of the 37DT30, so not totally blind

Panasonic DT30 (TX-L37DT30B) 3D LED LCD Review | AVForums.com - UK Online

Do you have a Sevenoaks S&V nearby, they have dedicated demo rooms

Not the cheapest perhaps, but plenty of freebies you could sell on - call in advance to check stocks

http://www.sevenoakssoundandvision.co.uk/products/productdetail/part_number=TX-L37DT30B/1765.0.4.3 (can't appear to get the link working maybe)

Actually it's a very good deal versus RS which is only £8 less without the player, glasses

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/panasonic/viera-txl37dt30/pana-txl37dt30

Or the E30 with warranty Sevenoaks Sound and Vision - Panasonic TX-L42E30 <p>42" LED TV (Full HD) <p>(Save £270) (Claim Free 5 Year Warranty)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  8. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Vickster, you're a star! I had no idea about that deal at Sevenoaks on the DT30. I'll be popping down to my local Sevenoaks shop tomorrow morning - it's only 30 seconds away from the new place I work at! Absolutely superb matey and can't fault it :) I'm well happy :)

...if my local shop doesn't have the deal I'm prepared to travel so no probs there :) Cheers again guys...I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

9. RedBlueGreen

RedBlueGreen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Vickster :)

Just to let you know I got a DT30 via the deal from Sevenoaks...Can't thank you enough matey. My nearest shop had one in and gave me great service in my purchase. Nothing to fault on the whole deal! Big thanks to you Vickster :)

Happy New Year :)