Which SD Card

konradt

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, so i am after getting a new SD card for my camera (Canon 600D) and am stuck between getting a BIG card or a fast card. there are some very good offers on a 64Gb PNY Professional X with a 35Mb/s write, or there are others which are smaller capacity but a little bit faster (50Mb/s etc)... I tend to shoot stills but do like the occasional video and I do shoot continous as well... so do you think the 35Mb/s would be enough? does anyone on here use this card? or what would you suggest?
thanks in advance

Personally I go for multiple smaller, faster cards. That way I can spread my shooting over different cards and if one gets lost or fails I don't loose so much work. I do videos and continuous shooting too so I like to have the faster speed, it also helps for downloading to the computer as well.

Mine are all Sandisk Extreme Plus or Extreme Pro.

Extreme pro is good, my 16gb sandisk extreme pro cost me £50 back when I got it in 2010 now its about £20.

I would also pick a faster card > storage size. Also I wouldn't recommend getting one large card (64gb) instead get two 32s or some 16s. Imagine shooting all day then something goes wrong you lose it all, best to spread shooting across a few cards to avoid that.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom