1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Scart switch box is best?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Moro, May 13, 2005.

1. Moro

Moro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. mulder

mulder
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What's the price of the first one?

3. Moro

Moro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it should be around 70 pounds, more or less same price as the joytech's...do you have any suggestion or some other options?
    thanks

4. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Moro

The B-Tech Quintro+ works well for many of our customers - multiple RGB inputs and twin RGB output; handy if you have a Display + RGB capable recorder.

Best regards

Joe

5. Moro

Moro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Joe,
    but I couldn't find that product on your web page...would you please send me a link? (pm or email)....also, that twin rgb output sounds interesting to me....if I have a dvd recorder connected to one of the rgb output and, let's say, a satellite decoder and a terrestrial decoder each connected to one of the inputs, I could record on the dvd recordder from either source without messing with cables? just switching the inputs? that's how it works?
    thanks again

6. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Moro

Here's a link to the manufacturers home page - http://www.b-tech-int.com/BT945.htm

I'll drop you a PM with more info - I think I have the user manual in PDF format on our system.

I've never used the unit for anything more than RGB switching and to get the second RGB Output - there must be other folk around here who could tell you more about the possibility for selecting and viewing different sources via RGB.

We don't actually sell that many of these -its a bit of a chicken and egg situation; you can buy them cheaper on-line than I can buy them from the manufacturer (go figure who's got a mad quantity discount policy!!!)

Another Option for anyone in a similar situation is to add a JS Technology Active Video Buffer to the output of any source or switcher to give you two identical RGB Outputs from One Input. See http://www.js-technology.com/produc...id=51&osCsid=09a288492adf36a29b9f82223e9f6c82

Best regards

Joe

7. Moro

Moro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again Joe!

8. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi Joe,

Just one quick question, have you (or anyone else) had a chance to compare the performance of the JSTECH Video Buffer against the Quintro? Reason I ask is that I needed a 1 in 2 out box, and got the Quintro a couple of months ago, and all I use is the 1 in 2 out function, I have no needs for all the other sockets. Given the JS-Tech buffer would do a similar job, and its a smaller that the Quintro, would I notice any difference in the pciture replacing the Quintro. I already have a JS-Tech RGB-YUV convertor in the loop, so it would match up.

Cheers

Andy

9. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,470
    Hello Andy

I've not tried the 'Active Video Buffer' in a Head to Head - though I can say that its very clean and doesn't introduce any video nasties.

I cant see why you shouldn't substitute the Quintro+ with the Active Video Buffer if you want the smaller box.

Best regards

Joe

10. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Hi Joe,

Many thanks for the reply. I think I'll order the JS-Tech box to match up with the other one I have, and do quick comparision when I get it. Then put the Quintro up for sale in the classified.

The other reason for getting the JS-Tech is that it is black, as is all my other gear, and the silver Quintro+ just ruins the looks :)

Cheers

Andy

11. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,109