• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

which sat nav or software could organise a multi drop route?

thelurch

Hi,

My wife is an agent for a greetings card company that sell via catalogue/parties/fairs etc.

Three times a year the company issues a new catalogue which she takes delivery of and then has to deliver to her 200+ customers, cost of postage is prohibitive and the majority of the deliveries are local ( in our town and surrounding villages)

She is currently searching through individual postcodes to see where the road is and then try to plan the best route to deliver in a particular area like a courier would I assume.

Manually going through postcodes is obviously not time efficient nor is randomly driving from one end of town to the other.

I know very little about sat navs but was just wondering is there a domestic use Sat Nav that we can set up a multi-drop itinerary from adding postcodes and get the Sat Nav to calculate the best/shortest/fastest route to encompass all drops? Our old Tom Tom one lets me add postcodes to an itinerary but then automatically wants to navigate from the first to the last in the order they were inputted.

Or alternatively is there any software/website that anyone might be aware of which can accept/read an excel document with addresses on and read the postcodes to do a similar thing ie produce a route or a list of postcodes put in an order which my wife could then type into say a tom tom individually as she went, so she would know that the next postcode on the list would be the nearest.

Hope that makes sense!

Thanks

Chris

EDIT: I have since seen copilot software which possibly could do it for my iphone but seems a little unreliable for GPS signal.

Last edited:

speedyroute

Standard Member
We have developed a new multi-drop routing website, currently available at www.speedyroute.co.uk

The website is currently free for *any* number of destinations. Enter your start/stop location, and any number of locations to visit, and the website will re-order the locations to provide the optimal route, visiting all the locations in the shortest time and distance, and also provides driving directions. Please take a look, and forward any suggestions about the website to [email protected]

Regards,
Speedy Route

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom