1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which samsung?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by croozer, Mar 5, 2005.

1. croozer

croozer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have located a samsung sp50lh7x in currys at canterbury.it is on the shop floor and is a return from a customer who supposedly was an old geezer who couldn't get on with it.slight marks on casing otherwise perfect picture.price 2900 as is, delivery straight away.question,it would be nice to have it now but would it be better to wait for it from unbeatable?if something goes wrong with the set ,who would give me better service,currys or unbeatable?

2. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Isn't that only £99 of the new price. I would expect a least 20% off for a customer return.

3. croozer

croozer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you are right of course but that thought didn't strike me until i had left the shop because i was so overwhelmed by the picture quality.

4. Burnard

Burnard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Last month a purchased a 43" RPTV Sammy from Currys and the set had a fault(Big mark on screen,probably smudge on mirror).So i exchanged it with an 42" LCD RP Sony.According to the Mastercare engineer that came out the Samsungs are a bit hit and miss with quality control so i would avoid a customer return.The set probably had a fault that you didnt see on the day due to the lighting in store.
    Just my opinion though.

5. croozer

croozer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the warning burnard

6. mistycat

mistycat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a note. I am waiting for one from Unbeatable. If you check the threads everyone only has fantastic things to say about Unbeatable, especially on returns.