Which Samsung Soundbar

Discussion in 'Soundbars, Soundplates & Soundbases' started by Artista, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Artista

Artista
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Recently I've decide to replace my AV-receiver (2013) and speakers with a soundbar, as with newborns walking around the place I couldn't find a way to safely (for both the children as well as the speakers) position my speakers, plus the fact that the AV-receiver had limited connectivity options.

Now, I thought a soundbar might be a good replacement, as it looks minimalistic, supposedly is capable of delivering good sound and would be “more resistant to the children”. In considering a soundbar, so far I've seen some great reviews of the Samsung soundbars, but am a bit lost.

Basically, I'm considering a Samsung K850, because of a) the price b) it being slim c) the materials used d) that it features a subwoofer and e) that it doesn't feature additional satellite speakers; the latter would require additional hassle with positioning them etc., and I do not have a symmetrical wall on the back where I can put them up.

In terms of needs, my previous AV-receivers featured some form of Dolby Surround, which, in the end, because of the speaker setup, I never really used; instead, I used them in stereo with two speakers only; as such, I am used to the richness in sound of full-size speakers. However, when watching movies, occasionally, I would appreciate some form of surround without the additional speaker setup. Additionally, I also would be frequently use the soundbar to stream sound (e.g. YouTube) or music (e.g. TuneIn, Spotify etc.).

When going through the different Samsung soundbars, I figured out that the prefix in the model number identifies the year in which the soundbar was released: K = 2017, N = 2018. However, in terms of pricing, when looking at the K850 and the N850, there is a huge difference in price with the N850 retailing at almost double the price of the K850.

And then there are also the Sound+ soundbar models (e.g. the MS750), which I believe are only different in that they do not feature a subwoofer, that are substantially cheaper as well; based on being used to regular speakers, I believe that a subwoofer would be required in combination with a soundbar to match the same sort of sound.

So to summarize, I’m a bit lost and would appreciate it if you can share your views here as well.

2. Sleeky

Sleeky
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, what did you decide to do in the end? I'm finding myself in exactly the same position