Which samsung LED...

rammy66

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi please can anyone tell me whether there is a Samsung LED TV in the UK that is fully backlit with local dimming not side lit. I'd really love to know.

I think the side lit one that I've seen look really good but would love to see a fully backlit model.

Thanks.

No current backlit model over here im afraid,

The 8500 models are, but last thing i saw about them was saying they werent coming here as samsung doesnt think theres a big enough market, the 9000 series is as well, but again dont know if that will be released here in 2010 or wether samsung will wait to release a higher end model with their new models

Thank for the information. I really think the image quality and blacks on the Samsungs I've seen are really really impressive but am just a but worried about light bleeding through we you get them home in a dark room.

What's your opinion of the edge lit ones? (If you don't mind that is) and do you know of anything that's backlit with local dimming under 2K?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
as above the sony's are very good, not seen any of the toshiba's but theyre supposed to be good as well,

depending on what size you after the philips 40pfl9704 is possibly one of the best sets around, but trickier to find and the older 42pfl9803 can still be got at a reasonable price :thumbsup:

rammy

I just got a 8000 and have no problem with picture at all. Just love it and can't recommend it enough.

Sweet! Is it alot different from the 6/7000. The main difference i can see is 200htz. Do you get much in the way of uneven light bleed when the screen goes black?

I really appreciated the advice, it's all so tricky. I've even read stuff on forums saying that Samsungs hurt your eyes and you can't watch them for long!

Sweet! Is it alot different from the 6/7000. The main difference i can see is 200htz. Do you get much in the way of uneven light bleed when the screen goes black?

I really appreciated the advice, it's all so tricky. I've even read stuff on forums saying that Samsungs hurt your eyes and you can't watch them for long!

No uneven light bleed that I can see. When we compared the 7000 and the 8000 we thought the 8000 edged it. As we don't intend to change screens and I had a bit of money in my pocket we chose the 8000 however the 7000 is none too shabby and would make a great choice IMO

Great! Thanks to you and some other questions I've had answered on other threads, I'm definitely going to go for it. I'll just wait a month and get the 8000. I recon it's probably worth it.

Thanks again ANTI!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom