which samsung dvd recorder?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by StressedMum, Jan 14, 2008.

1. StressedMum

StressedMum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi. Hoping, fingers crossed someone can give me some advice. I have just purchased the 40inch samsung lcd with freeview (LE40MB) and the Cinema surround system (HT-THX22) along with upgraded HD Sky (due for installation on thursday). Now I need to add a dvd recorder, samsung appear to have a few models, some with freeview, HDMI etc -- which one?

At the same time of asking - does anyone now how to get a really good picture on this TV? We tuned it in last night and were really dissappointed with the results - it must be a setting that we haven't changed - can't believe that this would be satisfactory for most folk.!! It appears to have shadows, particularly on facial close ups... do I need to change from wide screen or something.. weird?

Thanks you in anticipation SM :mad:

2. StressedMum

StressedMum
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oh dear! Just read some other threads at it would appear that samsung dvd recorders are full of bugs! Maybe I should consider another make - presently have a panasonic combi dvd and vhs - but doesn't have the extra HDMI 'bits' or freewview (not that I'm sure I need that) - anyone got any advice?? thanks. SM :confused:

3. marty2005

marty2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    Get a Sony hxd870/970.

Samsung dvd recorders are the worst I've ever seen and I've used a few.

4. ramjet

ramjet
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +622

I have to agree here , the sony are miles better than the samsung , and work too ( I now have two of the 970b models myself )

I havent tried the panasonic ex77 so look at those too

but leave the samsung alone !!

5. MuksC

MuksC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    i've had the Pana EX77, and sold it to buy the bigger hard-disc version, the EX87. had it for about 3 months and it's fantastic, haven't had a single problem with it.