Which Sagem and Why?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by az33m, Aug 3, 2006.

1. az33m

az33m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

new to the forum and I have found all the posting really useful. :thumbsup: However I have not been able to determine the answers to the following questions that are bugging me in terms of making my purchase. Can you help please?

o What does the 56 have over the 50 or visa versa apart from size and does it matter? I have the room for either TV.
    o What do the letters after the size number depict e.g: B, F, H or T and G4 etc? And do they matter for my decission?
    o I already have a DLP projector for most of my movie viewing, I want to view mostly sky broadcast (not HD yet). What effect will this have on a 56 or a 50?
    o I've read rumors of the newer Autum models, should I wait?

Many thanks for you help.

2. dapex

dapex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    if you wait for the new models then be prepared to pay loads more, the current 56" can be had for about £1200, 1 yr ago it was £2700....its only going so cheap because of a new range

3. az33m

az33m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Even thought the price of the 56 is very appealing, will it leave me short of connections, hene just for extra size would the 50 leave me better prepared for future connectivity?

Thanks

4. Lancia34

Lancia34
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,357
    I looked at b oth and ended going for the 50" just because it had the 2 HDMI connectors. Thought that if I was getting an HD TV then it would make sense to have them and to have of them - 1 for the PS3 and 1 for the HD-DVD ;)

5. marscay

marscay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    i would never dismiss a tv because of connections but that's me, hdcp compliant dvi ports are all you need ;) ....you realise hdmi is just dvi + audio in a single cable???

no hdmi ports didn't worry me in the slightest as i wouldn't use the audio through the lead anyway.....all my audio runs through the amp. in all honesty 2 hdmi ports probably won't be enough in the near future anyway what with cable boxes/pc/ps2/hd-dvd/blur-ray just grab a dvi or hdmi switchboxand take advantage of the extra 6 inches.

the price of the 56" is an absolute steal right now :thumbsup:

6. thfccambs

thfccambs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,898

Same ,really needed 2 hdmi inputs for skyhd and HDDVD player.:smashin:

7. az33m

az33m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All,

thanks for the very useful feedback.

For you guys that have gone 50" due to connectivity would you say that the current 50" is technology related better than the 56"?

Thanks

8. Lancia34

Lancia34
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,357
    It wasn't the fact that it had HDMI over DVI, it was the fact that it had 2 so with everything else being pretty much equal with the TVs that swung it for me.