Which RGB switch box?

TimD

Established Member
Reaction score
I've bitten the bullet and put in an order for a JS Tech RGB->VGA converter, mainly cus my new dirt cheap gamecube doesn't do S-video...

I'm going to need to switch Sky+, PS2 & GC into the VGA converter and then to my Panny series 5.

I have heard that the £10 Argos manual switch box does a pretty good job. The question is, how good a job?

I'd prefer not to go to the bother of a quintro as I don't need auto switching and I have limited power sockets available. Will I regret it if I go with a manual switch?

Cheers,
Tim

Argos is a manual switch, so there's no loss in quality. It's full frequency, unlike some electronic solutions. I'm at a friend's house just now watching TV via the Argos solution and it's a very efficacious solution. There are electronics solutions, which should also be considered, but I wouldn't hesitate on the Argos solution.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

Originally posted by TimD

I have heard that the £10 Argos manual switch box does a pretty good job. The question is, how good a job?

I have had two of these and do notice interference that is not present when devices are connected directly to my tv.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom