1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which RGB switch box?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by TimD, Apr 2, 2003.

1. TimD

TimD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've bitten the bullet and put in an order for a JS Tech RGB->VGA converter, mainly cus my new dirt cheap gamecube doesn't do S-video...

I'm going to need to switch Sky+, PS2 & GC into the VGA converter and then to my Panny series 5.

I have heard that the £10 Argos manual switch box does a pretty good job. The question is, how good a job?

I'd prefer not to go to the bother of a quintro as I don't need auto switching and I have limited power sockets available. Will I regret it if I go with a manual switch?

Cheers,
    Tim

2. symanski

symanski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Argos is a manual switch, so there's no loss in quality. It's full frequency, unlike some electronic solutions. I'm at a friend's house just now watching TV via the Argos solution and it's a very efficacious solution. There are electronics solutions, which should also be considered, but I wouldn't hesitate on the Argos solution.

All the best,

Dr John Sim.

3. TheBigApple

TheBigApple

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I have had two of these and do notice interference that is not present when devices are connected directly to my tv.