Which reputable company to build a top end PC?

B

Blow Dog

I all -
I used to use a company called Kustom PC's to build my top end PC's. Unfortunately, they no longer offer that service.

Do you guys have any recommendations for this kind of service? I'm looking for quality over price, so workmanship, skill and knowledge in parts is paramount.

Thanks in advance.

http://3xs.scan.co.uk/
I haven't used that service myself but scan.co.uk are pretty good.
if you choose configure when you choose the case you can decide was components you want.

I all -
I used to use a company called Kustom PC's to build my top end PC's. Unfortunately, they no longer offer that service.

Do you guys have any recommendations for this kind of service? I'm looking for quality over price, so workmanship, skill and knowledge in parts is paramount.

Thanks in advance.

buy the parts and self build? It's really not that difficult and then you would be able to select the perfect parts and manufacturers.

Also helps save a few pounds or so, certainly on a top end pc.

yea i woulda have said the same, buy the bits and build.........but if your gunna spend over a £1K or near £1K and then i would be dubious about your first time building a pc with expensive parts.
do you have a friend who could do it for ya?

I'm always impressed with Dell's build quality.

aye, i'll second Dells for generally tanklike construction and quality.....once you get past the cheaper models that is..lol
(but then thats the same with most companies)

also in their top tier XPS and the range directly below that, they use some seriously well picked mobos and PSU's.......mind you, when you consider the quantity they buy in, i can see them getting first pick from the bins...heh

if you want a ready built PC, get the Dell, although get it with the cheapest graphic card option, then buy an aftermarket one from somewhere like overclockers.co.uk or scan.co.uk and fit it in yourself, it really is not difficult and will save you a fortune over what Dell charge for them....

the nicest thing about the Dells is the lack of BSOD (Blue Screen of Death).....in the 4 Dells i owned i rarely saw a BSOD, usually when i'd forced something myself way past what most people would know they could attempt......since i've built my own PC i've had more BSOD's in about 3 weeks :rolleyes:

configure a setup on the website, then phone up with the price the website quotes, if the model you are looking at is around £1k-1.5k you should if good be able to negotiate either £50-100 more off the price or get them to add on that much in extra stuff (usually what they prefer to do)

I'll vote for Dell too, recently took delivery of an XPS 710 model, took a week in all from picking the parts I wanted fitted on the website to it being delivered to my door in a (very) large box. Might be a bit more expensive than some other custom-builds but you are getting a massive bullet-proof full aluminium case with an excellent cooling system inside, which is quieter than expected. Also has all the extra cables needed for adding new drives, and its all toolless (everything is designed to be as easy as possible to switch in and outany components you might add). My spec is a Core Duo 6400 with two 250GB drives in Raid 0 config, twin 7900GS in SLI cfg, 2Gig RAM and a 19" LCD monitor. Plus I have full XPS 3 yr warranty which has return-to-manufacturer cover for full duration, they will also send out a new machine if mine goes wrong, although so far its been faultless. Downsides are its not as overclockable as some PC's although CPU can be clocked through Nvidia Ntune software, memory is a bit slower than top spec stuff too, and motherboard is BTX, which apparently isn't upgradeable, although if you go large to begin with then shouldn't be any need to upgrade for a year or two. Can't fault the performance, solid high frame-rates in all newly released games I've tried (STALKER looks awesome especially when the lightning flashes at night). It was between this and an Alienware 7500, since picking the Dell I haven't been disappointed

But even with the cheaper Dell models, can you not swap out the mobo's which should give you better performance as well as allowing overclocking?

I've got a Dell laptop and have been very impressed with it :thumbsup: If you open up a computer and change a component won't this invalidate the warranty :confused:

I've got a Dell laptop and have been very impressed with it :thumbsup: If you open up a computer and change a component won't this invalidate the warranty :confused:

with Dell Desktops the warranty is only invalid if you fiddle with the motherboard, PSU or CPU iirc.........you can add RAM, PCI cards, PCI-E cards, HDD's and Optical drives as much as you like........

laptops might be a different matter, you would probably invalidate your warranty opening one of those up....

oh, i think the stuff you put in has to be approved by Dell tho if you put it in, in other words you have to buy it from their site....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom