Which remote???

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by stefanr, Jan 14, 2008.

1. stefanr

stefanr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Hi all,

Been reading through numerous pages and websites for an AIO remote to cover all my requirements, see list below, but something the wife can understand i.e. not technically minded plus it will stop her moaning about the amount of remotes we have to control everything AV, 4 so far and could be up to 6, see question below.

Anyway after much reading have seen the AllForOne URC 8308 Kameleon 8 which caught my eye and has got some good reviews and notice some people here have it.

Question. Will it support more than one HD source? I have an EP30 but will also be getting a BD player in the future, maybe end of year, once they have sorted the blydi format/version issue out. Plus maybe a another SD player that upscales and can handle multi region SD's. Can I program all 3 on the remote without losing full functionality of any/all commands??

Is there any other remotes I should be looking at in the £60 price range?
    Is 8-1 too excessive or would a 6-1 be sufficient?
    I don't need it for any of my Hi-Fi if that makes it an easier choice.
    I like the AllForOnes as they can region hack the possible SD player I was looking at.

EDIT: The Sony SD player is now available multi region (cheaper as well) so no longer need the AllForOne for that purpose, my only reason for getting this player is to play my R1 SD discs. With this in mind is it now worth spending up to £60 on a multi remote?? Maybe, to keep the wife happy!

See my signature for all AV equipment it needs to control plus the additional SD/upscaling player.

Thanks

2. stefanr

stefanr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Think I've answered my own questions, namely a remote that can have more than one DVD source i.e. three;
    HD DVD, BD and SD plus all the other stuff I have.

Logitech Harmony 555 Universal Remote Control
    £42.00

Seems to be the best option for me and the cheapest by chance. :clap: