1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

which remote

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by scotstevie, Dec 9, 2003.

1. scotstevie

scotstevie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks need your help like most people here i have a few remotes so i am looking to replace with one.i have denon2800 dvd,denon 3802 amp, pana plasma new model with reciever box and ntl analogue box.dont mind spending over £100 but would like a few ideas if poss so i can demo and were to find the best deals many thanks
    steve

2. pizzacheaze

pizzacheaze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    I'd agree with pizzacheaze, spend a few hours reading the reviews on remotecentral.com. Once you've chosen your remote make sure you look at user reviews as there are loads for each remote. I used this site to help me choose my remote, a Home Theater Master MX-500 which I bought for £105 from fpsgamer (http://www.fpsgamer.co.uk/hcinema/MX-500.htm ). Excellent remote as it has both an LCD display and hard buttons which I like.

Happy hunting...

4. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Agree with the Pronto route... and taking a long look at remote-central....
    One thing though... if you were to change to a digital NTL box in the future, some don't work with Pronto (and other learning remotes) and you have to get a small 'adapter' to "translate" the codes from Pronto (or the others) to a format that the box will understand.
    Take a look here to see what I'm on about.
    It's exactly what I've done - and it works a treat!:smashin:

5. pizzacheaze

pizzacheaze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just ordered the new tsu7000 :)

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Keep us posted on the software, the NG mono is awful, only works 20% of the time. I've found it easier to do the configuration on prontoedit4 and convert it to a .pcf than try to learn anything on the NG. I'd love the colour one to be better.