Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

which remote

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by scotstevie, Dec 9, 2003.

1. scotstevie

scotstevie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks need your help like most people here i have a few remotes so i am looking to replace with one.i have denon2800 dvd,denon 3802 amp, pana plasma new model with reciever box and ntl analogue box.dont mind spending over £100 but would like a few ideas if poss so i can demo and were to find the best deals many thanks
    steve

2. pizzacheaze

pizzacheaze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,045
    I'd agree with pizzacheaze, spend a few hours reading the reviews on remotecentral.com. Once you've chosen your remote make sure you look at user reviews as there are loads for each remote. I used this site to help me choose my remote, a Home Theater Master MX-500 which I bought for £105 from fpsgamer (http://www.fpsgamer.co.uk/hcinema/MX-500.htm ). Excellent remote as it has both an LCD display and hard buttons which I like.

Happy hunting...

4. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Agree with the Pronto route... and taking a long look at remote-central....
    One thing though... if you were to change to a digital NTL box in the future, some don't work with Pronto (and other learning remotes) and you have to get a small 'adapter' to "translate" the codes from Pronto (or the others) to a format that the box will understand.
    Take a look here to see what I'm on about.
    It's exactly what I've done - and it works a treat!:smashin:

5. pizzacheaze

pizzacheaze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just ordered the new tsu7000 :)

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +411
    Keep us posted on the software, the NG mono is awful, only works 20% of the time. I've found it easier to do the configuration on prontoedit4 and convert it to a .pcf than try to learn anything on the NG. I'd love the colour one to be better.