1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which remote to get??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by nutter, Feb 11, 2003.

1. nutter

nutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I am looking for an all in one remote to control the following items:

Panasonic Plasma Screen
    Denon 2800 DVD player
    Denon 3802 Amp
    Pace Sky Box
    Sony VCR

I was thinking along the lines of the pronto or the marantz with the large touch screens as I would prefer this to buttons, and also the ability to do scripts and custom menu's. Do any of you guys/gals have a suggestion as to what would be a good choice??? I am thinking of spending around the £500 mark but its not exactly set in stone!

Thanks in advance for any help

2. PeterW

PeterW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have a look a the comparison chart at www.ptech.org.uk/table.html Any of them should handle your list, unless the pace box is one of the dreaded 1000 series

3. AOD

AOD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    When you say Pace Sky Box, I assume you mean it's a Digibox with the elegant ;) Sky remote control.

As PeterW says, take a look at that chart and see what you think. You can get your hands on a 2Mb Pronto for 99 squids from Richer Sounds at the moment but you can also go higher up the chain and get the Pronto Pro with heaps of memory, colour screen, cuddly toy (you get the idea).

Personally I think I'd rather get the 2Mb Pronto and spend the extra £400 on DVDs, but that's just me. ;)

4. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't worry about any more than 2MB of memory. 2MB is huge, virtually unlimited really.