1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Remote Control

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by JampoTT, Sep 28, 2003.

1. JampoTT

JampoTT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks

I'm looking for a remote control that will enable me to use the main features of the following devices:

Philips 32" IDTV 100hz (can't remember the model!)
    Marrantz SR5200
    Toshiba SD220E (or 330 when upgrade comes) DVD
    Pace NTL digital cable box

I'd like 1 remote for all 4, with the possibility of programmable buttons - eg 1 button that will turn on the DVD player, switch the AMP to DVD input, and switch the TV to the correct EXT channel for the DVD.... with another button to switch the TV back over to the EXT channel for the cable box, as well as switching the AMP to TV input - etc etc (you know the sort of thing!)

Without spending an absolute fortune, what sort of models will I be looking at?

2. The Robman

The Robman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The name of the "programmable buttons" concept is "macros", just so you know what to look for when comparing remotes.

I'd suggest taking a look at some One For All remotes and see if any of them are to your liking. I'm not aware of any other brand being able to work the Pace.