which remote, any alternatives?

mathew

Can't decide whether to buy a 900, the One or something else (URC, Touchsquid, Harmony Link, etc.).

I don't NEED RF but imagine it would be handy through a glass doored cabinet in the same room as the remote just so that it works every time.

However I can imagine sequences being a big plus to me, for instance I use a sat box that takes minimum 3 button pushes to get to the EPG I like. So a 5 button max macro may be a minimum for me.

Therefore in an ideal world I want an RF remote with higher macro step limit which is power state aware.. that means a can of worms, importing a URC from the US for reasonable price, trying to get hold of the programming software, etc. So I start to think about what I could make do with based on the typical usage scenario... maybe a 900 (esp. at current price) but a One would give me the macros but I may have to add an IR repeater to reliably get through the cabinet door. IR repeating the One brings me to a similar price as a 900 and IMO it should come out at quite a bit less considering it has no RF. Shame on logitech for removing macros from the newer remotes.

Anyone else got any other suggestions for around £100?

I did consider the Xsight touch (£80 from Currys) but discounted this as it isn't power state aware so needs everything to have discrete power codes if not to loose power sync.

logiciel

Normally the 900 would be way OTT for you but at current "blemished box" prices it comes into consideration.
However a IR Extender need be no more than £20 so a One with Sequences would still be better.

mathew

Does the One+ have sequences? Or are you forced to use it with myharmony.com which does not?

Last edited:

logiciel

You can use it with either so presumably it does have them.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom