Which recorders playback -RW?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jimmyboy, Jun 4, 2003.

1. jimmyboy

jimmyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As many of us are awaiting the arrive of the new Toshiba DVD Ram/HDD recorder and delaying our purchase, I was thinking about the growing need to watch movies/programs downloaded from the net/recorded on PC. I have a pioneer 105 -R/-RW but if I just want to watch eg US comedy shows downloaded on the net onto a large screen then -RW would be cheaper than making a -R permanent copy for each program. I am keen on a Panasonic or Toshiba recorder but will they playback -RW? Will a philips (although I am not keen on Philips -this may be an overall cheaper option) 880/890 playback -RW?
    Another option is to buy a separate cheapie player for -RW or even a newer player that plays DIVX files (but they cost £200+).

Any feedback from members would be welcome.

2. jimmyboy

jimmyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would any owner of an E50/60 Panny please reply? (Will it playback a -RW dvd disc)?

3. lurcher

lurcher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +202
    Had a E20 , now got a E50 and both will play back RW disc althought the manual says they cant.
    Dont forget Ram Discs can b used 1000"s of times, I use mine regularly for timeshifting. Shop around for prices.

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,265
    The HS2 plays DVD-RW disks (Video Mode only). It essentially uses the same drive as the E30/50 so I don't see why the E50 wouldn't read disks.

5. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The E50 plays -R, -RW & +R. I have a +R / +RW writer in my PC. Not tested +RW discs but I am quietly confident they will work as well.

Very good recorder and an absolute bargain at the prices you can get them for now. I only paid £280 for mine full multi region RCE and that was a couple of months ago.

I dont like ram. But time slip is a really good feature and I use it alot more than I thought I would.