1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Recorder?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by pshankland, Dec 10, 2004.

1. pshankland

pshankland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I am looking at buying a DVD Recorder with integrated HDD but I don't know which out of the following to go for:

Panasonic DMRE65EBSMR
    Pioneer DVR520HS
    Toshiba RDXS32

I am edging towards the Toshiba because the Pabasonic dosn't have DVD-RW and I have read that the model below the Pioneer DVR520HS the DVR420HS is very noisey and I am worried that the 520 will be the same.

Does anyone have any suggestions as I can't go on price as all the models above are sub £400.

Thanks.

Pete.

2. pshankland

pshankland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After going through a LOT of other posts on this forum I have gone for the Toshiba from Sound & Vision:

https://www.soundandvisiononline.com/moreinfo/index.asp?product_id=4678

Didn't think was bad as it has got great reviews on this site and also it only cost £368.31 with free P&P.

Have ordered it just (22:45 GMT 10/12/2004) will post back on here when it arrives.

Thanks.

Pete.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Glad we could help :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,203
    pshankland,

You should note that the Panasonic E65 does not have a HDD. Instead look at the Panasonic E85 or Panasonic E95. Both are excllent machines which offer fantastic recording quality - if you want iLink (for Digital Camcorders), PC/SD Card slots or a larger HDD consider the E95 - otherwise the E85 is fine.

The Pioneer 420 and 520 are identical with the exception of the presence of an iLink socket for Digital Camcorders. There is a degree of noise that is associated with these models but most people can live with it.

A very good machine. Doesn't quite have the excellent recording quality of the Panasonic range but makes up for it in other ways: iLink, DVD-RW, DVD authoring options etc. A very god choice sub-£400.

5. tobyjuggler

tobyjuggler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I don't think you'll regret it, it's quite lovely really :thumbsup:.

6. pshankland

pshankland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Machine arrived Wednesday 15th December only 4 working days for delivery!! I would say that is very good :thumbsup:

Only thing I would say is that I ordered a DVD-RAM with cartridge from http://www.soundandvisiononline.com/ and they delivered one without the cartridge - am still waiting for them to respond to my Email to see what they can do.

Other than that I was very pleased with the service. The machine is as good as I could wish - built well, very quite (I was worried about this) and looks good too. I haven't got into the editing yet as am waiting for a load of DVD-R's and DVD-RW's to arrive from http://www.svp.co.uk/.

7. GoldFish

GoldFish
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought there should be one free cartriged RAM with the machine :confused:

Tan

8. SDHoward

SDHoward
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Assuming this is the toshiba..I got one...