Which Recorder?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by rszlp, Feb 2, 2004.

1. rszlp

rszlp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused: Can anyone offer me any advice on which DVD Recorder to go for. I have narrowed my choices down to two machines; the panasonic DMRE60 and the Philips DVDR75. I have read comments, good and bad, on both machines. My main aim is to put my home movies on to DVD and I have slight reservations about the limited compatability of RAM. If anyone is using one of these machines and can recommend either then I'd be grateful.

2. steve 111

steve 111
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Does the Phillips have DV in? I have the E60 and love it, especially with the SD/PC card functionality that it offers.

3. rszlp

rszlp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The philips does have DV in. I'm just not sure +R format and the panasonic seems to offer more attractive editing features. Is this true?

4. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    I picked up the 75 from RS a few weeks ago and its superb!! DV input and svideo is on the front right under a flip down panel (very descrete but easy) and very user friendly.

Initially was a bit confusing but after a half hour or so it's a breeze (sussed most of it but not all, bit to busy).

The way it organizes saved programs is excellent. Ive saved over 12 vhs tapes on 1 disc of my daughters kiddie things (teletubs and bear in the.... etc) and you have instant access to all of it, you can even choose which image you want on the chapters list for your saved programs and either opt for the machine to auto put chapter marks every 6 mins or manually put them there yourself, with the press of 1 button.

Speaking of which, if the unit is off and something pops on that you wanna record just hit 1 button (the red dot at the bottom of the rc) and it will start, find what channel your watching on tv, turn to it and start recording very quickly....

VCR is DEAD (exc. HD)... Long live CD (until flash memory cards are big and cheap enough)!!!!!!!!

CH

5. rszlp

rszlp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CH,

Many thanks for your comments. Do you know if the R75 has a loopthrough facility like the E60 as, regretably, my TV has only one RGB input.