which recorder to get now? i am lost...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gameplayers, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Gameplayers

Gameplayers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

I need to get a dvd recorder, but not sure which model.
    Mainly after one so that i can make DVD from my Sony miniDV (dv tape).
    panasonic is good? but not sure which model to get now.
    Please can anyone let me know which model i should get now, and where might be the cheapest place that u probably know of? :thumbsup:

Also, i am after a "Karaoke Amplifier", simply because need one to sing karaoke, what i have in mind is this one: -
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=69962&item=5789604430&rd=1
    any opinion/advice/suggestion please? should i get this one? or do u know another model that would be better? :thumbsup:

Last question is if i am to get this amplifier, my speakers use 3.5mm input, this amplifier seems to use "Screw terminal connections for speakers"?

what cables do i need to order for them 2 to work?

Many thanks

2. redsox_mark

redsox_mark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +620
    If you haven’t seen it, this site is a good place to start for advice:

http://www.btinternet.com/~james_lancaster/whichdvd.HTML

For editing DV, it is best if you get one with DV-in. I also recommend getting a recorder with a HDD, if you want to edit and create compatible DVDs.

The current Panasonic DVD/HDD recorder, the EH50, doesn’t have DV in. The EH-60 will, though it isn’t out yet.

Toshiba XS34 has DV-in; Sony 710/910 (European models) do too. So do some of the Pioneer models.

While it is off-topic, “screw terminals” would mean just ordinary speaker wire connection, no plug at all. So you want a cable with a 3.5 mm plug on one end, and just wires on the other. You can buy ordinary speaker wire and add a 3.5 mm plug on one end, not sure if you can find a cable already with 3.5mm plug on one end and wires (no plugs) on the other… maybe?

Mark