Which Recorder to buy?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RickB, Oct 11, 2003.

1. RickB

RickB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

Having finally decided that I could do with a DVD recorder, I have narrowed my choice down to a couple - anyone have any comments as to which to buy or should I look at something else?

I only have the following pre-requisites - must have firewire and must be able to write to DVD-R's - purely because my PC based writer is -R/-RW and it would make sense for me to avoid having to buy a second type of disk (plus I know my DVD players all work with -R/-RW)

1. JVC DR-M1.
    2. Panasonic E60

I did look at the Sony RDRGX3S - but it doesn't seem to have firewire.

Any preferences? and does anyone know where I can the best prices - RS want £349 for the E60 multi-region - still looking on the JVC as I cant find anyone who specifically mentions its multi-region.

Cheers

RickB

2. Easy2BCheesy

Easy2BCheesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I'd wait for reviews on the DR-M1 before making any decision, or else go with the established E60.

I was very keen on replacing my DVDR890 with a DR-M1 as its built-in component output/progressive scan would be very handy for my plasma screen.

However, the manual for the DR-M1 is online, and it *seems* that RGB SCART input is not an option, which for me makes the E60 the obvious choice from a quality recording perspective.

No RGB SCART recording? No way I'm parting with my money!

3. RickB

RickB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Easy2BCheesy,

Do you have a link to the online manual for the DR-M1 ? I checked JVC's website and sadly failed miserably to find it !!

Cheers

RickB

4. RickB

RickB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0