• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Which rechargable batteries for 430ex?

cabanatuan

Banned
Hi, i have a 430exII flash for my canon 400d and was wondering what rechargable batteries should i get for this? i have the energizer ones but they dont seem to work on my flash or that the batteries i have are dead:confused:

Thanks in advance lads, happy snapping

ljphil78

Established Member
Hi, i have a 430exII flash for my canon 400d and was wondering what rechargable batteries should i get for this? i have the energizer ones but they dont seem to work on my flash or that the batteries i have are dead:confused:

Thanks in advance lads, happy snapping
i use sanyo Eneloops in my 530exII because they stay fully charged alot longer than normal rechargables which tend to go flat over time even if not used.

JSW

Prominent Member
I bought this in an offer in Jun/July I think without checking the receipt for £15.99 (half price deal)

1-Hour Extra Fast NiMH Charger : Battery Chargers : Maplin

The batteries have been in my Sony Alpha HVL-F42AM since initial first charge and has been used quite a bit indoors being bounced of the ceiling, have done a wedding and have also spent a few hours in the woods using it and it is only now wanting a recharge :eek::eek::eek:

So would recomend these batteries to anyone

Extra-High Capacity NiMH Rechargeable Battery Value Packs : Tools & Appliances : Maplin

The 2400mah seem to be gone so would have to be the 2500mah ones with current offer of £13 off an 8 pk of AA

Hope that helps

J

Jonny1973

Another Sanyo eneloop user here. Normal rechargable batteries go flat even when you are not using them, pre-charged batteries (like eneloops) retain their charge longer when not in use.

Calzor Suzay

Established Member
Sanyo eneloop user again, I bought them for another reason but find they last well in the 430 EX, I carry a spare set of normal AAs as well.
They can take quite a while to charge up though.

cabanatuan

Banned
Sanyo eneloop user again, I bought them for another reason but find they last well in the 430 EX, I carry a spare set of normal AAs as well.
They can take quite a while to charge up though.
Will any charger be fine for charging the sanyo eneloop?

i have a unicron charger and a energizer charger that i can use as i dont want to really spend £40 on a new charger and the eneloop batteries

SpongeCake

Standard Member
Yes, any charger is fine. Treat them just like any other rechargeables. Though just as with all rechargeables, the quality of the charger used can impact on the lifespan of the cell. In the real world that may not be a bit issue as the batteries should charge hundreds of times in any case. However, with a smart charger capable of conditioning and a slow charge, it is likely you will get much nearer the stated charge lifespan.

Siamese Cat

Established Member
A few people here have mentioned Sanyo Eneloop batteries, i'm a happy user as well and thought i might add a bit more about them. They are what is known as NiMh hybrid (it's the hybrid bit that is important). The difference between them and regular NiMh is that they hold their charge very well when not in use, normal NiMh discharge quite rapidly in storage. Just like all rechargeable NiMh they are very good in high discharge items like cameras and flashguns and will last much longer than a non-rechargeable alkaline.

Eneloops are no longer the only version, the 7 day shop now sells an own label version called 'Good to go' and they are very reasonably priced. I've just bought some and am very happy with them.

shotokan101

Banned

shotokan101

Banned

Siamese Cat

Established Member
Which I linked in my post...:)

If you haven't tried the 'Good to go' ones, Senu, try a pack. They're very cheap and whilst apparently below the 2800 batteries you linked to they last amazingly longer in storage when the ones you use will loose a lot of their power in storage. Unless you recharge every time you've used a battery these are easily the best I've ever come across.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom