1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which receiver?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Dan110, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Dan110

Dan110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought B&W 602s3, LCR600 centre and 600 rears and another pair of 600 rears will be bought in the next couple of months and i'm looking for a receiver to go with them. When I got the demo, heard them with an Arcam AVR200 whcih was v nice but had a nice £799 price tag too. Not really gonna get chance to listen to any other receivers with my speakers really, so what would you recommend. Looking for EX & ES capabilities.
    I've narrowed it doem to:

Denon 3802
    Marantz 7300
    Sony str va333es

or the pricey:

Arcam avr200

What do you think, and where can I get the best deal?

2. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Shop around. The AVR200 is available on the web at around £600 now. IMO it sounds better than the Denon and the Marantz 6200 which I used in demos. I own an AVR200 and love it.

3. Dazed

Dazed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Firstly I'm no expert but what has put me off buying the AVR200 are the several reliability issues I've heard of - do a search of this board you'll find numerous posts in the subject. According to Arcam it's a batch problem which has been rectified.

Personally I've got a Marantz SR7300 on order (since September! but it'll ship soon I've been told) it's meant to be the "best sounding" (whatever that means) in two channel stereo of the mid range AV receivers. A bit of a bargain too by all accounts with Unbeatable offering them for £470.

A review of the SR7300 can be found here

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htforum/showthread.php?threadid=106343&highlight=sr7300