Which Receiver?

Pepi677

Standard Member
I am not a home cinema expert. I am looking for a simple solution to enable me to enable me to have surround sound for my set. I have a Sony KDL-40X2000, a xBox360, SKY HD, Pioneer HDD PVR. All all these devices need optical, so I need at least 3 optical in. The Pioneer uses component or scart, Sky HD uses HDMI and Component I think, I am getting it installed on the weekend, the 360 currently uses component but I do have the VGA cable as well. I have been looking at the Sony STR-DA1200ES, as that seems to do what I need and it has auto setup. I also want a set of speakers (5.1) small descreet and the rear ones to be on stands, again I am not into sound that much but I do not want distortion either. Any ideas?:lease:

md1542

Novice Member
I have the Sony STR-DA1200ES. It will do everything you've listed above, and the quality is good. Auto-set up is spot on, and takes a lot of the hassle out of configuring it yourself.

As for speakers...that depends on your budget. I got the Mordaunt Short Premier pack. Its a 5.1 bookshelf speaker pack for £300. Its got good reviews...but if you want smaller, you could go for the Kef eggs or the mission cubes. I think they're bth a few '00 pound more though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom