Which Receiver

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by joeyavino, Jan 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. joeyavino

joeyavino
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Everyone.

So beginning the process of upgrading my home surround system from 5.1 to Dobly Atmos 7.2 and also a few other goodies. I do have a few issues with my current receiver that I'd love to solve if possible. Here are my requirements, and was wondering if anyone knew any receiver that has all of these features.

1: I need a receiver that is capable of 4ohms. The speakers I'm building can take 200watts a channel. Right now, I have another setup in my bedroom with a Pioneer Elite receiver that does 4ohms around 170Watts a channel and its great.

2: I need a receiver that I am able to change the EQ settings, volume, and channel level settings per input. I have a Harmony hub that switches between my Apple TV (HDMI Audio), my Sonos (Fiber Cable) and my Turntable (Already preamped with a Pro-Ject DS Tube Phono Preamp so this receiver does not need a phono input) and I need to get the the EQ set to where I want for each input My Pioneer Elite receiver uses MCACC presets but I can't seem to set which present by default for each input.

3: I need a receiver that I am able to change the default volume level per input. For example, Sonos would run about -15db by default, my Turntable would run -10, but I'd need my HDMI volume to run about -35 and if I change the volume level let's say on the HDMI volume to -30, I'd like it to switch to -35 when this input is selected again.

4: I need to be able to change the volume level with an App or with Alexa, or some kind of external device that's not the receiver remote. Open to suggestions here.

Thanks everyone for looking!

Cheers,
    Joey

2. Violator

Violator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +567
    You'll get a better response if you specify a budget :)

3. joeyavino

joeyavino
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah ok. I'm thinking in the 1-2k range.

Thanks,
    Joey

4. joeyavino

joeyavino