1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which receiver is the best for infinity Oreus

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Volumius, Mar 21, 2005.

1. Volumius

Volumius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am going to buy the infinity Oreus speaker set and I was wondering which receiver is best for them. This because I heard they are a little power hungry.

I have had a demo of them, they were connected to a Yamaha RX-V450 and the salesman had to turn the volume up to -10 (he was using a sacd of Sting) to get some good sound out of them :( and me and my dad were easily able to speak with each other while the yam was set at that volume. So I think the Oreus speakers are pretty power hungry, or the Yamaha rx-v450 itself was not in a good condition.

Anyway, does anyone has some experience with these speakers and know what receiver is best for them? I would like a receiver that can provide enough power for the Oreus set and that it is easily able to go cinema loud while still having some db left to turn up.

2. Volumius

Volumius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one got any idea what receiver is good for the infinity oreus speakers?? :confused:

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Harman Kardon AMPS are designed to partner the Oreus and deliver lots of power, have a look at the HK AVR230 and 330

4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,330
    Would have thought one of the mid range Pioneers would have a good job (10/2014) as their bright edge would have livened up what are fairly warm speakers.

5. Volumius

Volumius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the harman/kardon avr-430 a good one? it looks pretty cool to me.