Which rear speakers/type would be best?

• Thread starter Deleted member 209349
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 209349

Would really appreciate some advice on what would be the best rear speakers to use in my room. I will be using xtz 99.36 for fronts and either .25/.26 for centre with a yamaha 2067.

RoomLayout.png

Other thing to note about the picture is that pretty much the whole of the left wall is built in wardrobes, which would mean if i were to mount a speaker on there it would be on wooden door but will obviously have space behind it, so not sure how that would effect the sound. Also the left is closer than the right although i would of thought this could be solved via the amp settings.

I don't really want to spend more than £400, absolute max would be £500 inc stands/mounts.

Not sure whether direct/dipole/bipole would be best and where to place them.

The ones on my list so far would be the xtz 99.21 and the Monitor Audio RXFX, but not sure where would place them, or if there are any better alternatives.

Member 281695

One solution could be to mount them high on the back wall, close to the ceiling. The dome tweeter of the 93.21s has quite a wide radiation range so it would not be a problem. Also, you gain the sense of not actually hearing exactly where the rears are placed. Or, you could even mount them to the ceiling facing downwards, but this would demand special brackets.

:)

D

Deleted member 209349

D

Deleted member 209349

How high would you suggest mounting them? I presume by using the key hole i won't be able to tilt them downwards? so would put them lower compared to if i used the brackets and tilted them down?

Thanks

Member 281695

Correct, the key hole mounting is flat onto the wall. But the tweeter radiates quite will even at angle so I have not found it a problem mounting as high as possible close to the ceiling. It´s probably a personal thing what kind of rear channel sound you prefer, but I like not being able to tell where the speakers are and this way I get a very good "ambience" kind of feel from the rears. Absolutely worth trying at least. You could always go back to mounting the at a lower height if you prefer.

:)

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom